Herbal consultations are conducted in-person (after COVID) in Burlington, Vermont (N'Dakina, Abenaki territory) or over Skype/Zoom anywhere in the world. Clients have the choice of receiving a one-on-one herbal consultation or an astrological herbal formula without a consultation as explained below:
1) Traditional Western Herbalism Consultation
Traditional Western Herbalism is a traditional healing modality firmly rooted in both the modern scientific understandings of human health (informed by biology, pathophysiology, and phytopharmacology) as well as the cumulative wisdom of several thousand years of the energetic medicine and folk healing systems of Europe and the Middle East. In these consultations, we address the root causes of illness, both physical and psycho-spiritual, in order to help the client come back into alignment with Nature and regain their power to heal.
This consultation includes:
This consultation includes:
- Discussion and assessment of current health challenges, both chronic and acute. Education on relevant topics of health, the science of herbalism, and pathophysiology.
- Constitutional assessment including the energetic qualities of the ailments (hot/cold, moist/dry, tissue states, element & natural correspondences, etc.).
- Nutritional assessment and diet augmentation. Nutrition is one of the most powerful tools to improve one's health. We are what we eat, and food is medicine in and of itself. We will have the most success in our work together if you are prepared to change your diet to align with your personal health needs. I am most excited to work with clients who are ready to make this kind of commitment to their health - the results can be spectacular! All dietary advice is tailored to the individual's specific needs - there is no one-size-fits-all diet! I have a broad education in many diet therapies but I have the most knowledge (and personal success) working within the following nutritional frameworks:
- Ancestral nutrition/ Weston A. Price/ whole food/ pre-modern/pre-industrial diets
- Paleo diet
- Low-carbohydrate, specific carbohydrate, ketogenic, and FODMAPS diets
- Nutritional supplementation.
- Exercise or movement.
- Personalized formulation of herbal remedies based on whole-plant therapeutics (explained here).
- At this time, I am only taking clients within my specializations: cystic fibrosis and other respiratory diseases; digestive disorders (including indigestion, malabsorption, leaky gut syndrome, SIBO, dysbiosis, constipation, diarrhea, GERD, etc.); diabetes and blood sugar imbalances; transgender wellness; and immune dysregulation (allergies, atopy, autoimmunity, low immunity, etc.). Read more about my background and education here.
2) Personalized Astro-Herbal Formulation
An astrological herbal formula (a.k.a. astro-herbal formula) is an herbal formula I create for you based on your astrological natal chart. It does not require an herbal consultation. Instead, you will fill out this form which includes basic information such as your birth chart details (place of birth, date and time your were born) and brief answers to a few questions about your health goals. The astral formula is primarily aimed at balancing the constitution, addressing symptoms of imbalance, and opening the door for deeper healing to unfold. Your formula will be mailed to you (or picked up at Railyard Apothecary) with instructions on how best to use the formula alongside specific mantras, affirmations, planetary attunements or petitions, intention setting, meditations, or other reflective practices. This formula is the first step in deepening one's communication with the planetary archetypes through the taking of plant medicine. This style of astrological herbal formula is modeled on the formulation technique outlined in The English Physitian (1652) by physician and astrologer Nicholas Culpeper. More on the astro-herbal formula here.
PLEASE NOTE: Black/African Americans and Indigenous Turtle Islanders are welcome to receive free consultations. Other people of color, LGBTQI folx, individuals receiving disability benefits, and those experiencing financial hardship are encouraged to take advantage of my sliding scale for consultations. This means you pay what you can within these guidelines:
- Initial consultation (both types): $30-120
- Follow up consultations: $15-60
HEALTHCARE IS A HUMAN RIGHT!
Most herbal formulas I create for my clients are filled through Railyard Apothecary in Burlington, Vermont. My consultation fees (for options 1, 2, and 3) include the cost of formulation service, but the formulas themselves are purchased separately, directly from Railyard Apothecary. Low-income and BIPOC individuals can take advantage of RYA's Herbal Justice Fund to subsidize the cost of their formulas. The cost of stand-alone personalized astro-herbal formulas cannot be discounted at this time. All of my client formulas get 10% off the retail price because I am a co-founder of RYA.
For international clients I may suggest remedies easily accessible in your home country and/or I may send your formulas to be filled at an apothecary local to you.